Koch Turf & Ornamental XCU
XCU® slow-release fertilizer provides gradual, steady nutritional uptake for up to 10 weeks of plant response. XCU® fertilizer has the highest nitrogen (N) content (43%) and lowest sulfur content (4%) of any polymer-coated sulfur-coated urea (PCSCU) on the market. The value is more area can be covered per application using less fertilizer, which is more efficient and economical. Also, with less N lock-off more of the applied N is taken up and utilized by turfgrass or plants in the expected time frame.
advanced dual-coating Technology
- Less sulfur coating reduces N lock-off and delivers more N
- Coating integrity is maintained during transport, blending, bagging and application
- Outer layers consist of a thin coating of elemental sulfur and polymer wax, which work together to protect the inner polymer coating
- Inner layer consists of a thin, cross-linked polymer film that encapsulates and protects the urea granule
- SGN options - mini and regular
How It Works
1. Soil moisture penetrates the sulfur and polymer coatings.
2. Nitrogen (N) begins to dissolve creating pressure within the granule.
3. With previous-technology SCUs, this pressure cracked the coating, immediately releasing N (catastrophic release). The inner polymer coating of XCU® fertilizer results in a hybrid of diffusion-based release and catastrophic release, resulting in a more consistent release profile.
4. After N release, the sulfur eventually breaks down into the soil where it may be taken up by the plant.
XCU® slow-release fertilizer has been widely used by superintendents, LCOs, municipal turf managers and professional landscapers to economically and efficiently promote a plant response of health, growth and color for up to 10 weeks per application.
- Unique, durable coating provides gradual, consistent N release when needed to optimize nutrient uptake by the plant
- Increased percentage of XCU® fertilizer in blends delivers increased value and improved nutrient uptake
- Dual-coated technology provides up to 10 weeks of plant response
- Fewer applications can reduce overall fertilizer expense, fuel costs and equipment upkeep; allows optimization of labor
- Highly flowable for ease of handling and consistent application
- Environmentally responsible with low potential for nutrient leaching, denitrification, runoff or volatilization
Options and flexibility
XCU® fertilizer is available in sizes to fit a number of fertilization programs.
SGN COMPARISON CHART
Only a portion of the N applied as conventional fertilizer is taken up by plants, but enhanced efficiency fertilizers (EEFs) increase N uptake. Increasing the XCU® fertilizer content in blends results in more efficient N use; the more XCU® fertilizer used, the better your blends work.
*Above data from University of Florida and Pennsylvania State University. The underlying data in university studies was provided under a Research trial Financial Support Agreement with the universities. The universities mentioned do not endorse or recommend any product or service.
Beating the Rush
“When XCU® became an option, I felt it solved a lot of problems, because it gives me more consistent release.”
Chad Haney, The Yard Works